This is a bugfix and stability improvement release.
- Fixed a bug in the windows version that it runs only one tracer job when it can run more.
- Changed default VS in Grid Layer Cake model builder to be VP/VS ratio
SeisRoX 2016.1 is a major upgrade of SeisRoX. It utilizes the advanced and proven NORSAR-3D Ray Tracer which is now embedded in the SeisRoX workflows. Also, new background model building tools are introduced, and performance is significantly improved by optimized calculation and parallel processing capabilities. In addition the GUI is improved and re-organized to be more user friendly.
The new SeisRoX is fully integrated in the NORSAR Software Suite platform and is available in two different configurations: Basic and Pro. SeisRoX Basic is part of SeisRoX Pro. The Pro version is the upgrade version for existing users.
SeisRoX is released under Linux and Windows
SeisRoX is backward compatible with older versions of SeisRoX project data.
SeisRoX Basic is a flexible, efficient and easy-to-use seismic modelling software which rapidly simulates the seismic response of geological reservoir models including the effects of a complex 3D overburden and source-receiver illumination/resolution effects.
SeisRoX Basic focuses on a local scale and contains three types of workflows:
- Analytic workflows: Tools to do fast track modelling when background model or survey is not available or to study the effect of a user-designed PSDM filter
- Four different local-target workflows to do complete PSDM simulations with background model and survey
- Utility workflows for generating property cubes and time-convolution (1D)
SeisRoX Pro includes all the Basic functionality, and in addition it contains a full-field PSDM simulation workflow. With the Pro version, larger scale modelling is done by utilizing space-varying Point Spread Functions. Detailed studies of the space-varying PSF's can be done with the new PSF focusing map.
SeisRoX Pro also includes Rock Physics transformations to describe and calculate the relationship between geological properties and the effective (average) elastic and seismic properties to be used in the modelling. With the Rock Physics functionality the seismic response of rock property changes can be studied.
In addition minor bug fixes and improvements.