Stiftelsen NORSAR (org. no. 974 374 765) is a research foundation within the field of geoscience offering consultancy services, software products, monitoring, studies etc. NORSAR Innovation AS (org. no. 988 676 098) is a wholly owned subsidiary of NORSAR and is the commercial arm of NORSAR. NORSAR Innovation AS does commercialisation, marketing, sales and support world-wide of NORSAR’s software solutions.
Stiftelsen NORSAR and NORSAR Innovation AS will in the following be referred to as "NORSAR", "we", "us", "our" or similar.
1 DATA CONTROLLER FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Stiftelsen NORSAR is the data controller for your personal data processed in relation to the NORSAR webpage, consultancy services etc. For processing related to sale etc. of NORSAR's software solutions, NORSAR Innovation will be the data controller.
2 PERSONAL DATA, PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
NORSAR process' personal data relating to contact persons at its customers, service providers and business partners, potential candidates and others who contact NORSAR or visits our webpage. The personal data may be provided by the data subject itself, from publicly accessible sources or third parties such as service providers, partners etc.
We may process your personal data in connection with the following processing activities:
- Management of software customers and performance of software services: In connection with the sale, service and support of NORSAR’s software products to our customers, NORSAR may process personal data about individuals working at the customer, such as contact information, usage information, payment information, purchase information etc. NORSAR process such personal data based on our legitimate interests in performing our services in accordance with our contractual obligations.
- Management of zonation map users: NORSAR offers a service granting access to a zonation map. In order to perform this service, NORSAR may process personal data about users of the zonation maps, such as information about which firm the user belongs to, username, contact information etc. NORSAR will also keep a log over usage of the service, including the time and date of use, the username and firm etc. NORSAR processes such personal data based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling our contractual obligations, in order to ensure that the users comply with contractual restrictions and to ensure the integrity and security of the service.
- Contract management: In connection with the administration and management of contracts with NORSAR’s customers, business partners etc., NORSAR may process personal data such as contact information of contact persons at such customers, business partners etc. NORSAR processes such personal data based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling our contractual obligations and rights.
- Respond to inquiries: NORSAR may process personal data in order to follow-up inquiries from potential candidates, website users, and others who contact NORSAR. NORSAR may process personal data such as contact information and other personal data provided in connection with the inquiry. The legal basis for such processing is NORSAR’s legitimate interest in providing support to its users.
- Receiving reports on earthquakes: NORSAR may process personal data such as contact information about users of our earthquake telephone and others who report earthquakes at www.jordskjelv.no. The legal basis for such processing is NORSAR’s legitimate interest in monitoring earthquakes.
- Use of NORSAR extranet: NORSAR may process personal data about users of NORSAR extranet. NORSAR may process personal data such as username, date and time of the login attempt, the URL of the login attempt, and, if enabled, the IP address and the user agent. All login attempts are logged in a separate database table with the purpose of detecting failed login attempts, detect and stop hacking and brute force login attempts and to see when a user logged in. The legal basis for such processing is NORSAR’s legitimate interest in monitoring and preventing unauthorised use of the extranet.
- Marketing, newsletters etc.; If you have signed up for marketing or our newsletter, we may process your name, contact information etc. in order to submit such materials to you. Such processing is based on your consent.
- Recruitment: If you apply to a position in NORSAR, NORSAR may process your personal data in order to assess your application. The legal basis for such processing is that it is necessary in order to take steps at the request of the candidate prior to (potentially) entering into an employment contract. Applications will normally be stored for 1 year after the completion of the application process, unless you consent to further storage.
- Ensure compliance and legitimate interests: NORSAR may also process personal data in order to comply with statutory obligations to which NORSAR is subject, and to safeguard own or third parties’ legitimate interests, e.g. in relation to establishing a legal claim or preventing unauthorised access to or disclosure of personal data.
3 RETENTION PERIOD
NORSAR will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for processing as defined above. Please note that continued storage may be necessary due to statutory obligations to which NORSAR is subject, e.g statutory rules related to storage for accounting purposes, or due to NORSAR’s legitimate interests, e.g. for the purpose to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
4 PROTECTION FOR YOUR DATA
We protect the quality and integrity of personal data and have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to do so. We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from loss, alterations, theft and unauthorized access.
5 DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties to the extent we have a legal basis for such disclosure.
We use data processors to collect, store and otherwise process personal data on our behalf. The relationship to such suppliers is governed by a data processor agreement, which inter alia ensures information security for your personal data.
6 THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
When you "like" or join our Facebook page or other social media accounts, this will be shared with the relevant platform. The same applies to any activities on our social media accounts, such as content posted by you or posts that you like. The relevant social media platform has own privacy policies, in which you can find more information about the processing of personal data in relation to such social media platforms.
7 YOUR RIGHTS
When NORSAR process your personal data, you have the following rights:
You may at any time request access to your personal data.
- If the processing is based on your consent or agreement with you, you have the right to data portability.
- If your data is processed based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent any time.
- In some circumstances you may request restriction of processing or object to further processing of your personal data.
- If personal data that we process about you are inaccurate, you may request rectification of your personal data.
- In some circumstances you may request erasure of your personal data, for example when the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, and NORSAR has no other legal basis for continued processing.
- You may at any time lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that NORSAR’s processing of your personal data are contrary to relevant data protection laws.
If you want to exercise your rights, you may contact NORSAR via the contact information set out in section 1 above.
Please be advised that the use of several of NORSAR’s services are dependent on processing of certain information regarding the users, and that a withdrawal of consent, objection towards processing etc. will entail that you may no longer use such services.
If NORSAR makes changes in the processing of personal data, this policy will be updated, and the change will be notified on the webpage or by use of your contact information.
Last updated: March 20th, 2020