NORSAR-2D Ray-Modelling is the powerful, industry standard tool for 2D ray-trace modelling to understand seismic wave propagation.
NORSAR-2D is now part of the NORSAR Software Suite framework which in addition includes NORSAR-3D, SeisRoX and MDesign.
The new NORSAR-2D Ray Modelling integrated in NORSAR Software Suite is now supplemented by advanced 2-point ray tracing and seismogram generation from the 2020 version. The classic NORSAR-2D ray modelling tool has now taken a further step towards being fully integrated in a user-friendly new framework supporting both Linux and Windows.
- Is a powerful package for ray-based seismic modelling and depth conversion.
- Is flexible, fast, accurate and user-friendly.
- Is ideal for training, teaching, research, as well as industry-scale projects.
Some of the applications:
- Build and depth-convert 2D models.
- Plan and evaluate surveys.
- 2D illumination studies.
- Ray path, event, and attribute analysis.
- AVO/AVA analysis.
- Understand reflections in seismic sections.
- Understand shadow zones in seismic sections.
- 2D seismic processing support.
Ray Path Analysis
Improve your understanding of ray propagation in isotropic or anisotropic models. Identify and analyse primaries, multiples, and multiple ray paths using re-tracing functionality.
Generate full elastic simulations of shot gathers and zero-offset sections. Take diffractions and mode conversions into account, and simulate multi-component recording.
Seismic Event Analysis
Analyse event attributes including AVA and AVO behaviour using cross-plotting, re-tracing, event sub-selection, and ASCII event export.