NORSAR Innovation AS offers expert consulting and training services within our field, providing objective recommendations based on our unbiased, state-of-the-art technologies.
Our core consultancy services include, but is not limited to, survey planning, survey evaluation, processing and interpretation support, 4D time laps studies, and reservoir analysis.
We have over 25 years of experience in doing consultancy services both in-house and on-site.
The NORSAR software solutions contain several unique concepts compared to other systems on the market:
- NORSAR have developed 3D model representation technique, called the Open Ray Model which gives flexible modelling possibilities with minor restrictions on the model completeness. For example, it is possible to perform seismic ray tracing immediately in a preliminary or incomplete depth model, i.e. interfaces may have holes or other undefined areas.
- The Wavefront construction technique, invented and developed at NORSAR, ensures that all calculated rays are consistent in the Open Ray Model. Rays traveling through the incomplete or inconsistent parts of the model are rejected.
- The SimPLITM approach allows simulating a PSDM image in a fast, flexible and robust way. The method is developed and patented by NORSAR. Using the SimPLI technique the total illumination and resolution effects of the acquisition geometry and overburden is taken into account to do a kind of 3D convolution to simulate a PSDM image. This allows an interpreter to rapidly analyse the dynamic reservoir model in terms of seismic response, i.e., PSDM images.
Microseismic software applications
NORSAR has developed generic technology to analyze and interpret microseismicity, both natural and induced/triggered by human activity. As a result of this expertise, we have developed a set of microseismic software applications. The first commercial application is called MDesign a system for evaluation and design of a microseismic network layout.
NORSAR software products are used by the leading E&P companies throughout the world. The products are supported by experienced sales, services, and support team from our main office in Norway and a global network of representatives.
- Investigate seismic illumination and resolution at target
- Use heterogeneous and anisotropic 3D models
- Use any survey configuration
- Test feasibility for seismic imaging
- Find the best achievable survey configuration
- Optimize surveys for specific targets
- Physical link between geology, geophysical properties and seismic response
- Analyze and predict geophysical logs
- Overburden-consistent AVOZ response
- Characterize seismic reservoir properties
- Mapping of seismic response to production
- Feasibility studies
- Bridge the gap between reservoir and seismic