NORSAR Software Suite 2023.1 is a new release featuring new functionality, improvements and bug fixes.
- It is checked that a project is not made at or moved to top level (like C:/).
- Hot cursor information is improved for 2D sections in 3D Viewer.
- Axis of symmetry import options include files with Dip and Azimuth of plane orthogonal to the axis of symmetry.
- Grid import preview: Improved default folder for input data.
- Build models:
- 1D -> 3D Model conversion and Single reflector model builder: Amount of smoothing is now independent of unit settings.
- Single block model builder: Attenuation Qp can exceed 1000.
- Make plane grid: Improved default values.
- General Model Builder: Unintentional changes of model limits are prevented.
- General Model Builder: Improved user input field for Cross section plots.
- The Time-Depth mapping function is correct also when it is made from a time domain velocity field.
- Survey: When editing a survey of Fixed type, the correct panels are shown.
- Common shot Batch Wavefront ray-tracer workflow:
- Improved status info for surveys with many undefined shots.
- Improved message if try to re-trace a shot with no results.
- Shots are distributed more evenly among jobs.
- Kirchhoff modelling and migration workflows: Default sampling parameters are improved.
- Illumination cube workflow: Areal filters can be defined.
- Improved unit handling in many functions.
- In Eclipse Import, more parameters are checked to determine which cells are active.
- CO2 in rocks when using the Span-Wagner option now also works on Linux.
- Attenuation Qp is taken from the model, including that it may vary in the subsurface.
- The function to save a point set as sensors is now robust, not causing software crash.
- VSP surveys can be made also when only NSS MDesign is run.
- Help updated with more details.
- A new tutorial is available.
In addition, several stability fixes and improvements.