2D seismic modelling using NORSAR-2D Stand-alone
Duration: 2 days
Who should attend?
The course is suited for geophysicists and geologists with moderate to no experience in NORSAR-2D.
This course provides a general introduction to the fundamental concepts of ray tracing and a basic introduction to NORSAR-2D Ray Modelling software.
- A brief tour through a complete modelling job.
- Create a 3D project environment with 2D sections.
- Import horizons and velocities from external files.
- Build a subsurface model.
- Define surveys.
- Calculate and inspect rays.
- Simulate shots, stacked sections and time-migrated sections.
- Export on SEG-Y.
- A tour through different ray tracing modules and tools
- Time-to-depth conversion examples
A detailed course manual will be used during the course. Each participant will receive a copy of the manual and the course data.